Fajitas are a definite hit in our house from daddy all the way to Baby Z. I love creating different varieties of fillings, from sweet to savoury – tangy to spicy, the list is endless. Using an assortment of vegetables, beans and fruits, I either cook them or split them half and half to give the crunchy texture to fit all tastes. Here is one of my recipes for Fajitas using Santa Maria’s spice mix, wraps and salsa. Enjoy!
Boneless chicken (steamed in black pepper)
Santa Maria Fajita Wraps
Santa Maria Fajita Spice kit (Medium)
1 Red Onion (thinly sliced)
4 Mushrooms (thinly sliced)
1 Red Pepper (Sliced)
1 Clementine (segmented)
Lettuce leaves (Sliced)
Santa Maria Salsa
Fresh mint (or dried)
- Put a little oil into a pan and cut chicken into strips. Add into the heated pan and cook with black pepper as seasoning. Once cooked place on the side and put fresh oil into the pan.
- Cut all the vegetables in strips and add them into the heated oil. Cook until slightly softened add chicken pieces and Spice mix – cook until everything is covered in spices.
- Cut the cold vegetables and clementine, grate the cheese and keep aside
- Heat the wraps on a low heated pan and start to assemble.
- Add the cooked vegetables on top of the lettuce leaves, top with corn, cucumber, clementine and cheese. Dollop some salsa and mix the yoghurt and mint together to create a cooling dip to either have on the side or add to your wrap.
Enjoy the mix of spice, sweetness and tanginess to give your taste buds a run for their money. What’s even better is that little ones will love this too as the mix of fruit to their savoury meal will have them asking for more!
The post Chicken Fajitas appeared first on Mummys Bubble.
|Mama to two beautiful kiddies, Z and Mr A. My passion for writing began after we had Z and I suddenly found my muse. I love the way my life has turned since and with my little muses growing up I am finding more inspiration to write day by day.|