Soup: Pumpkin and Carrots
Come winter and Mama has become a fan of trialling out different soups on her test subjects… Daddy and me. Even though Mama is a good cook she has never ventured out to make puréed soup from scratch. She didn’t realise the (very loud) milkshake blender that sat in the corner of the kitchen could be used for other things like making soup! So after getting this big cook book (Mary Berry’s) from Daddy, Mama started experimenting with Tomato Soup… that was quite yummy.
The next thing we knew, Mama started asking Daddy to bring home some different ingredients to try out. Now, I eat carrots all the time so I knew about them, but pumpkin was something I had tried a very long time ago. Either way, this soup was going to be very orange and I was looking forward to it.
Mama’s Pumpkin and Carrot Soup
X1 Pumpkin (Chopped)
X3 Carrots (Chopped)
X2 Red Onions (Roughly Chopped)
X1 Vegetable Stock cube
1 ½ tsp Thyme
½ tsp Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
1. Pre heat the oven to gas mark 200C. Chop all the vegetables in cubes and place them in a baking dish. Add the oil and all the seasoning. Mix with hands until all vegetables are covered.
2. Place in oven for around 35 minutes until the vegetables are softened
3. Take out of oven and place sections into a blender. Add vegetable stock to keep liquidised whist blending.
4. Continue this process till all vegetables have been blended.
5. Slowly thin the liquid using a sieve and a cooking spoon. Sieving the liquid will leave all the un-blended bits in the sieve so you are left with a smooth soup in the pot.
6. Heat this soup when ready to eat and serve hot.
Even though this soup is bright orange in colour… mama makes a funny face with cream for me and we eat it with lots of ‘crunchy crunchies’ (Croutons) and yummy garlic bread…
I do love a bit of winter veg in puréed form.
Love Baby Z xXx