Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
This morning we took the lazy weekend approach and decided to make something creative. Now that Baby Z is more active in the kitchen we decided to make a batch of yummy home-made cupcakes. I have a stack of cooking and baking books but today I wanted to try a new one… ‘The very best Baking book for Children’ by Usborne. Baby Z daddy randomly buys me children related cook books, so I knew this one would be a nice one to start with.
All I needed was a simple recipe that could be randomly decorated by Baby Z later. So here is their Party Cupcake recipe.
125g Butter or Margarine
2 medium Eggs
150g Caster Sugar
200g Self-Rising flour
1tsp Vanilla Essence
- Heat the oven to 180’c, put paper cases into each hole of the muffin tray (makes 12)
- Put the butter or margarine on a pan (or in my case microwave for 20secs) until softened
- Break the eggs into a cup and beat with a fork.
- Put the Sugar into a big mixing bowl, shift the flour and mix together. Add the milk, eggs, butter and vanilla essence and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into each paper case equally and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until risen and firm.
- Leave for 10 minutes then place them on a cooling rack – until completely cool.
To make the decoration:
- Place the royal icing sugar into a bowl and mix with cold water. Keep mixing until the consistency is thick but still manageable.
- Add food colouring to the icing and mix thoroughly.
- Using a spoon, add on to the top of the cakes to create different patterns. Then finish with any other fun edibles.
We finished with topping each cupcake with a chocolate button and some smarties. Though Baby Z ended up taste-testing the toppings before some were allowed on the cakes. Well we have to follow the master-baker.
The post Vanilla Cupcake Recipe appeared first on Mummys Bubble.
|Mama to two beautiful kiddies, Z and Mr A. My passion for writing began after we had Z and I suddenly found my muse. I love the way my life has turned since and with my little muses growing up I am finding more inspiration to write day by day.|